CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I have a gaurdian angel watching over me....I call her Grandma

4 years ago today, my Grandma passed away of Congestive heart failure. It has been extreamly hard on me. I miss her so much!! Even 4 years later and I still think about her all the time, but...just like everyone said, with time, it has gotten easier. That doesn't mean that I can't think about her and miss her, but I am here to tell you that it does get easier. I wrote a poem about her for my Creative Writing class my Senior year. Writing this poem has made me think of the special times I had with my Grandma, and I'll have this forever. That way when I am old and gray, I'll be able to look back on all the stuff we did together and I'll be able to make those memories for my own grandchildren. Here goes:

I love my Grandma very much, she is my
shining star and if she could
she would be here, but heaven's too far.
Turkey on Thanksgiving, Ham on
Christmas Day.
Grandma put a pound or two on me
every Holiday.
Grandma's heart was just too weak to
hold all the love she had.
She died on June 3rd, what a sad,
sad day, but just because
she's gone doesn't mean she's far away.
I love my Grandma very much, she is my
shining star, and if she could
she would be here, but heaven's too far.

1 comments:

Stacy said...

I remember how "discombobulated" (sp) you were when this happened and you have come a long way. Good job with your poem. I also remember reading through all of your work for this class and this poem being part of it. It is fab-U-loso! Love ya!